You are expected to wear clothes which would be appropriate for working in an office. This entails the following essentials:
Boys’ Dress Code
- Boys are expected to wear smart dark coloured trousers, a shirt and tie. A dark coloured plain V-necked jumper or an OLCC Sixth Form Hoodie (see below) may also be worn.
Girls’ Dress Code
- Girls’ trousers should be dark-coloured and worn with a smart top.
- Skirts and dresses may be worn (these should be of an appropriate length – no more than half way up the thigh).
- Combat trousers, jeans and very tight-legged trousers
- Trainers or canvas shoes with white soles / laces.
- Ugg style boots.
- Leggings, jeggings or treggings in place of trousers
- Tops with ‘large’ logos.
- Vest tops and tops showing a midriff
- Track suit tops and hoodies other than the OLCC Sixth Form Hoodie
- Brightly coloured dyed hair.
We are aware that there is a degree of interpretation in this code. We would like you to understand that, ultimately, we expect you to look ‘smart’ whilst giving you a degree of freedom.
Dress will be monitored by your tutors and the Head of Sixth Form on a regular basis. The school reserves the right to send you home to change if you arrive in school wearing inappropriate clothes.
OLCC Sixth Form Hoodies are available from Mike’s Sports World, 67 King St, Lancaster.
(Tel 01524 848494 to order your size)
Available in Small, Medium, Large and Extra large at a cost of £17.99 each.