Guaranteed Bursary Awards (Non-Discretionary)
The following ‘categories’ will be eligible to receive a bursary of £1200 a year.
- young people in care or care leavers,
- young people in receipt of income support
- disabled young people in receipt of Employment Support Allowance who are also in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
Discretionary Bursary Awards
The school will also be able to make a number of smaller discretionary bursary awards to students who are eligible for free school meals. These payments are to help with the costs of transport and equipment. The exact amount of these payments cannot be finalised until we know total amount of money available in September. We may decide to buy the items required for the student rather than award a cash payment.
If you think you may be entitled to a bursary award then please contact school and we will post you a copy of the application form. Alternatively, forms will be available on the Induction Interview days.
It should be noted that all bursary payments at OLCC will now be subject to a minimum of 94% attendance. Holidays taken in term time will count as non-attendance.
The final deadline for all applications is 25 September2018. However, should your circumstances change during the year then please contact Mrs Lowe and we will do our best to ensure that your son / daughter receives appropriate support.
Free School Meals
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (April 10 figure)
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
Children who receive Income Support or income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance in their own right qualify as well.
How to apply
The Direct.gov website helps you to find out information on the application process in your area. Simply enter your post code and follow the link to your Local Authority:
(Google ‘free school meals application lancashire’)
If you do not have internet access you are welcome to come into school to use our facilities to make your application.